CUSA represents over 20 unions and associations and over 80,000 publicly
employed correctional officers. Some of the nation's strongest associations
— the California Correctional Peace Officers Association; the Florida Police
Benevolent Association; the Pennsylvania State Correction Officers
Association — are members of CUSA.
The benefits and services we offer to both organizations and individuals include: death benefits; up-to-date and comprehensive information about the correctional officer profession; assistance in fighting prison privatization, and Washington representation on federal legislation. CUSA offers this and much more. View Benefits.
Join Corrections U.S.A.
Download an application and become a member today!
- Individual Membership Application
Individual Membership Application For Members Of H-1 Bargaining Unit
Individual Membership Application (California Members)
- Organizational Membership Application
This is where you will find important up-to-date information about your profession:
- Alerts - Notices to members from CUSA headquarters.
- Labor - Information about collective bargaining and the right to work.
- Legislation - Comprehensive federal update.
- Links - Easy access to CUSA organizational members; DOCs; the federal government; as well as state and local government links.
- Privatization - Comprehensive update on prison privatization.
- Reports - Clearinghouse of information about our profession.
Membership is available to all organizations representing correctional officers in the public sector. Individual correctional officers can also apply to take advantage of our accidental death insurance policy as well as a host of other benefits and services. Some groups are no longer with us
Active Organizational Members
CUSA represents approximately 12 large Correctional Officer Unions and Associations and over 80,000 publicly employed correctional officers. Some of the biggest and most powerful Correctional Officer Organizations and Unions belong to CUSA as a Organizational Member.